Freshman & Sophomore Package
This package applies to freshmans and sophomores. This service lasts 10 months or equivalent to 1 school year. This includes 10 face to face meetings, each meeting lasting 1-2 hours. This includes unlimited phone calls, emails, and texts for student and family to consult with the counselor.
Package includes but not limited to:
– Individualized planner and organization of activities
– Review of all academic records, activities, and interests
– Exploring interests both inside and outside of school
– Selecting freshman/sophomore year curriculum
– Discussions about school work
– Discussion and research on getting involved: volunteer work, enrichment programs, internships
– Discuss learning preferences, environment, and style
– Begin discussing college options and build a tentative list of schools
– Gentle guidance on trip planning from tentative list of schools
– Begin discussing college entrance exams and referrals to appropriate testing and tutoring centers
– Prepare brag sheets for teachers and counselors to assist with letters of recommendations
– Discuss likes, dislikes, interests and start thinking about a major/career options
– Guidance searching for eligible grants and scholarships
– Introduction to CommonApp, CSU, & UC procedures and format
– Understanding FAFSA, grants, student loans, and repayment options.
Contact us for a detailed curriculum of this package.