Learning Disabilities

Whether you are in the process of requesting an IEP or 504 plan in a primary to secondary school setting or in the college application process, both can be a difficult and emotional process. We can guide students diagnosed with learning disabilities: ADHD, ED, OHI, SLD, etc. to make this transition more stress-free and smoothly as possible.

Did-You-Know (1).jpg

  1. A student with learning differences can get SAT,  ACT, & AP exam accommodations, such as extended time, with proof of appropriate documentations.
  2. It is not mandatory for colleges to adhere to the student’s IEP and 504 plan services they received in elementary, middle, and high school.
  3. Most colleges provide necessary tools, resources, and professional guidance for students with learning differences. There is a separate application process to turn in with documents in order to receive these services. Let us guide you through it.
  4. Is it the student’s responsibility in college to ask for assistance (ie. letting a professor know in advance of extended test-taking time) Let us help the student get prepared for independence.
  5. Parental right: You have the right to disagree with assessments or with the IEP/504 plan in part or in whole. Never agree to anything you are unsure of or that makes you feel uncomfortable. The IDEA Act has very specific procedural safeguard to protect the rights of children.
    Disclaimer: We do not work as a family advocate. We are not attorneys and cannot give legal advice. However, we will help you recognize if and when you should seek legal help.

Contact us for a detailed Learning Disabilities workshop course outline of this service.